Who doesn’t want to be more fit and healthy?? Most do, and many find the costs to be a turn-off. Luckily, there are many ways that you can be fit without breaking the bank. Yes, it is true that you may eventually have to invest financially in your health and fitness goals, but there are tons of things that you can do WITHOUT spending hundreds of dollars a month. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Drink water and herbal tea instead of soda. This will save both money, and is infinitely more healthy.
- Track food intake. This can be done easily using a smartphone or a notebook, and it will give you a clear picture of how you can make better food choices.
- Use DVDs and online workout videos. These are great because you can set your own schedule.
- Plan meals. This will help you to stay on track and reduce the temptation for fast, unhealthy or expensive food purchases.
- Aim for 10,000 steps per day. Using a simple or super fancy pedometer, you should make sure that you are getting some movement throughout the day, especially if you have a sedentary job.
- Set micro-goals and reward success. After you’ve accomplished a fitness goal (i.e. lost 5 pounds), reward yourself to stay motivated.
- Be active everyday. Even if this is simply jogging in place for a few minutes, or taking a walk, make it a point to do something active each day.
- Dance! This is one of the BEST free ways to exercise. Turn on your jam and let loose!
- Turn housework into workouts. Not only does housework leave you with a clean home, all of the lifting, scrubbing, polishing can help burn a few calories as well.
- Play. Why not involve family and friends in the fun? Look for ways to make active play a family affair by doing fun activities like bike riding and playing softball together.
- Choose active dates/group activities: If you have chosen to go on a date or outing, why not make it an active one? Activities like bowling, dancing, hiking, laser tag, rock-climbing, can not only be lots of fun, but will burn some calories as well.
These tips are virtually free, and they will help you to live a more healthy and active life. Try some today!
What are YOUR frugal fitness tips?
In Calculate Your Savings, Lizalyn shares the frugal and thrifty strategies that help her get the most out of the food and household products she uses in her home. What sets this book apart from the crowd is that it doesn’t simply list ways to be frugal, it shows you how to determine which of the countless frugal strategies are best for you to put into practice. This book is filled with the tools that she uses, and her experiences in using them. She shows you how you can determine the best ways for you to save money in YOUR home today!
In Goddess Vibes, Lizalyn focuses on empowering women of all ages to allow their femininity to flourish through practical strategies that will help to find balance in home, diet, and body. Femininity and elevated feminine essence are highly coveted attributes that money simply cannot buy. When allowed to thrive, they inspire life, love, and abundance. This book details the roadmap that Lizalyn has taken to create the life of her dreams, and it can transform your life.
Both books are available in e-book and paperback forms on www.amazon.com